[thelist] My first Robot

Frank framar at interlog.com
Tue Jul 23 07:46:01 CDT 2002

At 02:44 PM 7/23/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>I asked the client about asking the 13 sites if they would mind but he is
>uncertain because if they do mind then what do we do?

I would consider this one quite carefully, because once you've built it,
and he's paid for it, and the admins of the 13 sites notices, and cuts you
off, then what do you do?

Business based on any degree of duplicity beyond typical marketing is
potentially worth thinking twice about. It's like building a house on quick
sand. Sometimes it's worth while to take the time to communicate with the
site owner, this way you won't have to nervously count how long before they
cut you  off and take you to court.

Another idea might be to look at the site's usuage policies, or ask them.

My meddlin' 2 cents.

--
This message and any attachment it may have has been found free of viruses
before sending. Viral contagion is on the rise and Microsoft systems are

http://www.frankmarion.com/VirusPrimer.html

Frank Marion
framar at interlog.com