[thelist] JS help: including a file as footer

Tim Luoma luomat at peak.org
Wed Jul 24 07:42:01 CDT 2002

I am working with a website that does not have SSI or PHP (I call it the
dark ages).

Rather than hard-code in the footer to every single page, I would like
to have it maintained in a separate file (let's call it, oh I don't
know, "footer.html")

Now what I would like to do is somethine like this

<script type="text/javascript" src="/includes/js/footer.js"></script>

<noscript>
</noscript>

Now I don't know jack 'bout JavaScript, and haven't had any luck trying
to find any good examples of how to have 'footer.js' read the contents
of 'footer.html'

Any help appreciated
TjL