[thelist] why can't IE find the new IP number?

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Thu Jul 25 10:08:01 CDT 2002

> the thing i don't understand is, how come the other browsers
> on the same computer resolve the new site okay, if they're
> going out to the internet through the same ISP caching server?

hey, rudometer: any chance this is the issue? I kenna recall which version
of Internal Exploder you're using:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q266121&

I don't know what a 'transparent cache server' is (as mentioned in the
article), but according to this page:

http://pllab.sangmyung.ac.kr/researches/docs/sysadmin-cdrom/html/v08/i12/a7.
htm

it's exactly what it sounds like - a proxy which spoofs other addresses in
order to appear *not* to be a proxy. Simpler setup or admin or something;
dunno.

joel