[thelist] Dumb Access DB question

Jackson Yee jyee at vt.edu
Thu Jul 25 16:06:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Shou" <scott at firesites.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 11:54
Subject: Re: [thelist] Dumb Access DB question

> Ken,
>
> If it were SQL then YES! But alas, this is Access, and they like hasslin'
> you having characters after the first semi colon.
>
> Any ideas anyone?

If your entire procedure is coming from Access or another Microsoft Office
application, then I would just write a VBA script to import all of the update
statements into the database.  If not, then I would look into some of the
macro programs out there and see if you can record a procedure and simply play
it back.  Doing something a few thousand times is exactly what computers were
created to do.

Regards,
Jackson Yee
jyee at vt.edu