[thelist] Arrgggh! Background Music Again

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Thu Jul 25 22:09:01 CDT 2002

Burhan,

|If you are upto it, you can try encoding it using mp3PRO, which will reduce
|the size of the file and keep the aureal(?) quality the same (at a lower
|bitrate). {snip} You can find the plugin for Winamp (and
|a player/encoder) at www.mp3prozone.com.

I did download this, and boy..does it compress. It brought down my 4MB MP3 to
1.44MB! It sounded great too. Only thing---it made my .swf file *bigger* than
the 4MB MP3 ::scratching head:: There must be something in the encoding that
Flash doesn't work with well--or something (I may have messed it up somehow).
But it's a great tool otherwise. Thanks for the tip!

Gina