[thelist] Re: does Microsoft-IIS/5.0 have htaccess ? << SOLVED

Tim Luoma luomat at peak.org
Fri Jul 26 14:16:04 CDT 2002

Thanks to all those who responded.

The correct answer was:

	D: Call your webhosting company and ask them to fix it

:-)  but thanks to the folks who pointed me to the info here, I was able
to say:

"Hi, we just added PHP support for our site but it appears the Default
Document settings in the MMC doesn't list index.php as one of the
preferred filenames.  Could you fix that?"

rather than

"Um... yeah, my PHP stuff ain't working right"

It was a much shorter, and much more productive, conversation, and both
the tech and I were able to enjoy it much more.

Thanks again Evolters!

<tip author="Tim Luoma">
Asking a question that gives an indication of being well thought-out
benefits both those who ask and those who may seek to answer.  Checkout
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html for some general
tips and information on asking good questions, which includes trying to
find the answer yourself and then giving a short synopsis of what you
have already tried.
</tip>