[thelist] DNS update - web is fine, mail goes to the old server

Massimo Mezzini webmaster at menouno.com
Sat Jul 27 08:12:01 CDT 2002

Hi;

one of my clients asked me to move to e new hosting service a domain they've
used so far only for mail. I updated the DNS information on the registrar servers but
apparently it's not enough: whois shows the new info, the web URL finds the new
server, but mail keeps going to the old server (where the account will be terminated
tomorrow).

Is there anything else I should take care of? Or maybe the new host should do
something more? Or could it be just a matter of time? But should't mail and www
DNS information propagate together?

Thanks, ciao

Massimo