[thelist] CF: Security Question

Frank framar at interlog.com
Sun Jul 28 11:53:01 CDT 2002

Hi all,

Question about security and Cold Fusion. Here are the circumstances:

All directories have an index.cfm that handle  URL/ request.

Protected segmentes are protected using Session vars, run from the
Application file.

Protected subsections have their own security.

All action files, such as inserts, deletes and updates require a number of
specific values to run. (No using IsDefined() here).

Now, how can I prevent someone from accessing a component file of one of my
fuses though a direct URL (who knows how they figure it out, I just want to
handle it in case they do).

Is there a way of preventing access to any document other than index.cfm
from the user while allowing Cold Fusion full access to all it needs?
Especially: Is there a way short of putting some redirect header in each
and every single document that I've created?

Thanks

--
This message and any attachment it may have has been found free of viruses
before sending. Viral contagion is on the rise and Microsoft systems are

http://www.frankmarion.com/VirusPrimer.html

Frank Marion
framar at interlog.com