[thelist] Re: [thelist]Can you submit to two different pages from a form?

Janet Nabring-Stager jnabring at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 16:41:01 CDT 2002

Many many many thanks to Anthony, Chris and Wade for their
suggestions!  After fiddling around with the XMLHTTP object without
success (because I'm submitting to a server that I know
next-to-nothing about, I'm not certain what is blocked and what
isn't), Wade's JavaScript and window suggestion is working
beautifully.  Just wanted to say thanks again (and offer up a
somewhat basic tip):
<tip>
Are those frustrating single and double quotes giving you fits?  One
thing that has always helped me check and double-check them is to
work from the end of the statement in, meaning comparing quotes from
the beginning and end and working my way directly back into the
middle.
</tip>

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:19:59 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Janet Nabring-Stager <jnabring at yahoo.com>
> To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
> Subject: [thelist] [thelist]Can you submit to two different pages
> from a form?
>
> Hi all-
> This could possibly be an ignorant question, but I'm trying to do
> something and can't think my way around it - any guidance would be
> great and much appreciated!
> We are using Vertical Response (an online ASP) to track and
> database
> opt-ins to our online newsletter.  The sign-up form must submit to
> URL on the Vertical Response website.  The trouble is, in some
> cases,
> the user will also be querying our research center when they sign
> up
> for the newsletter.  These messages need to go directly to the
> research center in e-mail format AND to the Vertical Response
> online
> system.
> I was trying to see if there was a way to submit to two different
> pages from the same form?  I'm not super-skilled in JavaScript
> (yet)
> but if someone can lead me in the correct direction, I would be
> ecstatic.  I was originally trying to use an onSubmit() function in
> JavaScript that called two other functions.  The first function
> would
> create a CDONTS email and send to the research center and the
> second
> would go to the Vertical Response URL.  But I couldn't get it to
> work.
> Any ideas?  Am I heading in a dangerous direction?  If anyone need
> clarification (this may be a lot long-winded) please let me know -
> any help is appreciated.
> (and I may not be online much after today, but will definitely
> respond when I can over the weekend - I love apartment-hunting in
> Chicago!!)
> Thanks-Janet

=====
Janet Nabring-Stager