[thelist] Shopping Basket Demo Review Request

Frances Wicks wicks at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 30 10:57:00 CDT 2002

Hi.  I consider myself a relatively "new but learning fast" PHP'er in that I
have created several blog scripts, agallery, and other such basic scripts in
php usually using MySql.  I'm new in that whenever I think up a new
function, I have to go to the manual (love that annotated manual!).

I recently pushed my own limit and undertook to write a shopping cart from
scratch.  I decided to put up a demo on my
still-looking-for-my-first-paying-customer webdesign site.  I usually code
to 4.01 transitional, but inspired by discussion here and on other lists,
I've tried validating until I got xhtml 1.0 and while I was at it decided to
go the whole hog and try CSS layout with no tables.

I would appreciate any comments or pointers in any or all of the three
areas.  I have noticed that occassionally, only half a page will display
where it seems to be cut off load, but I can reliably reproduce it.

http://www.wicks.ca/Demo/index.php

Thanks in advance.

Frances Wicks
Wicks Website Design