[thelist] MYSQL DB Backup

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Tue Jul 30 17:09:01 CDT 2002

SELECT * INTO OUTFILE creates files on the db server, and your dbserver is
probably not the same machine as your login/web account, so mysql is
configured to allow you to run it (since you wouldn't have access to that
machines filesystem anyway)

<tip>

  To backup a mysql database on a remote server in a virtual hosting
environment
  where SELECT * INTO OUTFILE complains:

    Access denied for user: 'you at yer.ip.add.ress' (Using password: YES)

  try the command: