[thelist] adding CSS to a MCC tag (solved)

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Wed Jul 31 03:43:00 CDT 2002

>> If I put a div tag around <MDW> or <MCC> tags, I'll have no problem styling
>> the content in which these tags hold.
>
> I barely remember reading something about this a couple years back. I was
> thinking about these Metal tags you're talking about. It sounds like they're
> used server-side, to pull in the news content. If that's the case, you might
> want to use XSLT and it's document() function, or perhaps PHP.

I would imagine, from an earlier post in this thread, that the client-side
version of the page is parsed by a third-party application and that the
content between the <mcc> tags is removed for inclusion in another page,
working in a similar way to an RSS feed. That way, the tags do absolutely
nothing in the browser itself, but are necessary for the third-party
application to get the content it needs.

Regards
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/evl/>