[thelist] Radio Interview, Anyone?

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Wed Jul 31 09:43:01 CDT 2002

As a few of you know, and most of you do not, I manage a site for the NPR
member station in Canton, NY (Northern New York State) called North Country
Public Radio (http://www.ncpr.org). I've been asked if I had any sources who
might be considered an authority on the subject of "Webmaster Code of
Ethics".

Specifically, one of our star reporters is looking to ask someone a few
questions about web ethics where cyber-squatting (I hate that term, don't
you?) is concerned. There was a recent case of it here locally where a
politician's name was registered falsely by the "webmaster" of a local
newspaper! What a story, eh?

If you are interested in answering the following questions, probably by
phone, for a top quality radio interview (taped), drop me an email at
bill at ncpr.org.

1. How common is cyber-squatting?
2. Is there a code, written or unwritten, among web managers/masters
regarding the practice of cyber-squatting?
3. Is there a similar code regarding other ethical issues? What are those
issues and what is the code?

Thanks, guys, from me and from public radio.

(I'll be posting this message to other circles as well, so sorry if you have
to see it twice.)

Bill Haenel