[thelist] replace <b> with <strong> (why dont use b tag)]

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 31 10:53:03 CDT 2002

> From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>
>
> oh, i love these discussions
>
> where the heck is aardvark?  probably giving one of his netslaves
> proper bloody hell for not having an h2 between the h1 and h3...

wish you could have seen me while you were writing this...

i was going over the placement of an <h1> and <h2> on the page,
and making them justify the semantic or structural value of an
<h2> sitting in the navbar while an <h1> sat with the page
content...

i wasn't giving them hell, just letting them explain it to the point that
they realized it wasn't a congruent fit...

[...]
> i agree, B and RED and the repulsive SPAN are all the same in this
> context
>
> i'd just rather use B for this particular purpose
[...]

sadly, there will be times where we are forced (by clients,
circumstances, the devil) to embed style-only tags in pages...

when i start using <span>, y'all are allowed to ridicule me, though...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself