[thelist] replace <b> with <strong> (why dont use b tag)]

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Jul 31 11:47:01 CDT 2002

>  > It is very rare to just want something in bold for no reason at all
>
>for no reason at all?  yup, exceedingly rare
>
>;o)

rudy, et all, it is not rare.  Do you know how many web sites I've
seen where the entire text is bold? or better yet, h3.  No reason,
except they just want to have sucky looking website I guess.

as for the whole visual scanning thing.... maybe like this:
http://www.clubsatyricon.com/about/

I built this last weekend, quickly... (site not debugged yet, ok)

want to give some visual scanning cues.  I used "strong" because "b"
is deprecated.  Not sure how I feel about the visual effect... but
why use a deprecated tag?

why the term "deprecated"?  is that not a really weird word?  it's
like they put these tags on the ground, spit on them and stomp on
them... deprecate them... and grind them into dust.  those w3c people
are brutal.