[thelist] Is changing window.status='evil?';

R.Livsey R.Livsey at cache-22.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 12:03:01 CDT 2002

> > using window.status in this manner is somehow
> inherently
> > *EVIL*. thelist-ers, should I remove this code?
>
> May the Lord Almighty smite you with all His might for the
> sacrilege of your transgression.
>
> Seriously, few people (except web developers) will even
> notice the change -- the only comment I'd make is that you
> should NEVER use the scrolling text scripts, as they make
> browsing a lot slower in Mac browsers and on machines with a
> small amount of RAM.
>
> Regards
> Mark Howells
> <http://www.mark.ac/evl/>

+1 on the scrolling text.

One other point I would make is to make sure that the status only
changes onMouseOver and will change back onMouseDown.
I often click-hold down over links whith status changers to see where
they are actually going to take me before actually clicking on them.
Just habit as not being able to see where I am going makes me nervous!

R.Livsey
Incutio Web Developer
[ PHP | Perl | mySQL | Java ]
w : cache-22.co.uk