[thelist] replace <b> with <strong> (why dont use b tag)]

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Jul 31 14:29:01 CDT 2002

At 09:42 PM 31-07-02, Adam Fahy wrote:
>...when you don't have the appropriate markup in standard HTML.  It
>provides a much richer semantic structure than is possible with <b>.

You've stumped me. What semantic structure does <span class="visualCue">
have? I could call it <span class="mySmellySocks"> and it would be just as
valid, would it not?

When I want my text bold without any other meaning attached to it, why
wouldn't I use just <b>? That's what the <b> tag's purpose is.

>...when you don't have the appropriate markup in standard HTML.

<B> makes stuff bold. That's appropriate enough, isn't it?

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant