[thelist] PHP sessions

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Wed Jul 31 15:37:01 CDT 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:23:12 EDT
NanHarbisonSmith at aol.com wrote:

> --
> Hi all,
> I am just learning about session with PHP. The book I am looking at
> says that you have to put the session information before any other
> information, and then it gives an example, putting the script above
> the head tag. But where does it go with respect to the DTD? Before it?

IIRC the session data is sent as part of the http header, this has to
go before anything that would appear in a plain html file, so yes, it
goes before the <DOCTYPE>

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
HTML email is a bit like using coloured paper and glitter ink on a CV.