[thelist] OpenSP / Emacs / PSGML

Christopher Joseph Christopher at ideadesigners.com
Sun Aug 11 17:29:00 CDT 2002

Hi List,

I have recently - painstakingly - worked through an IBM tutorial on setting
up PSGML to replace SGML major mode in Emacs and to apply OpenSP as the
validator.

Everything seems to have gone hunkydory BUT whn I validate a basic HTML file
using OpenSP's onsgml validator I receive a whole load of messages (+250)
regarding the charset. The first few are basically:-

Command:
Bash> onsgmls -s /usr/local/share/OpenSP/xml.dcl test.html

messages:
onsgmls:/usr/local/share/OpenSP/xml.dcl:18:29:W: characters in the document
character set with numbers exceeding 255 not supported

....the next billion messges are:

onsgmls:/usr/local/share/OpenSP/xml.dcl:44:54:E: there is no uniques
character in the document character set corresponding to character number
308 in the syntax reference character set

....No the reason that I have bothered you folks with the problem is because
I think the problem is my lack of familiarity with DTDs and soc files etc.
(the reason I installed the new mode into emacs in the first place).

Test.html looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
"xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
	<head>
		<!-- one of (title base) -->
		<title>My First EMACS XHTML document</title>
	</head>

...SO! Any thoughts on the problem? Have I done something stupid?

Thanks in advance.

Chris