[thelist] Javascript on the fly ... not flying

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Mon Aug 12 01:43:01 CDT 2002

On Sunday, August 11, 2002 6:30 PM Ion wrote:

> The image is not relatively in the same place. You're working from a
> different directory (and 1 level deeper) than the original. You are also
> losing the background color by removing the stylesheet reference (I get
> my "remind-me" ugly color).

    No, I made an image subdirectory in the newhtml dir and copied all the images into it. So it's an identical setup (just 1 level deeper). Interesting. Testing in IE5.5, N6.2 and NN4.7, I get the correctly sized window  to display in which is the close window link and a white background ... and just the little square box with the red "x" (which is the major problem here).

    Could you tell me which browser/version you're using and if it's a Mac (re the icky background color you're getting?). I'm not even sure that it's a problem of determining which style sheet to include in the code (I deleted any reference to either one). Just experimenting, trying to figure out why the images won't display.

> > Boy, I'm in deep yogurt and really need some JS help. I took over a
> site to make various revisions and have a deadline of 8/20 to finish
> them all. Have a ~major~ problem with one page only, a page that calls
> images on the fly (in the lefthand column underneath the navigation). I
> can't get the images to display. Tried going with a simple openWindow
> function listing the width, height, etc. in the <head> then an <a href
> blah blah> in the body, but that doesn't resize the images.
> >
> > The original page is at: http://www.sur-sys.com
> >  and select Services from the menu.
> >
> > My revised page is at:
> http://www.sur-sys.com/newhtml/services_new.html
> >
> > The site pages had no DTD so I selected 4.01 Trans. Also I added an
> imported stylesheet as well as making a remote.js file. So I only left
> the JS that refers to this function in the <head> tag on the Services
> page. You'll notice in the JS on the Services page I removed the
> reference in the content to any style sheet (thinking the script got
> confused wondering which sheet to refer to) ... but that didn't do any
> good.
> >
> > ????????

Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com