[thelist] MS Action Pack

David Kutcher david_kutcher at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 12 08:47:01 CDT 2002

So I've been looking into legitimizing some of the software I've been using
for "testing purposes" and I came across Microsoft's Action Pack for $299

http://members.microsoft.com/partner/SalesMarketing/partnermarket/actionpack
/actionpack_standard.aspx

This pack gives you licenses as follows for 1 yr:

Product Title, Number Of Licenses, Number of Client Access Licenses

Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server, 1, 5

Microsoft Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server, 1, 5

Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 1, 5

Microsoft Small Business Server 2000, 1, 5

Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server, 1

Microsoft Mobile Information Server 2002, 1

Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2001, 1, 5

Microsoft Windows XP Professional, 5

Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage, 5

Microsoft Visio 2002, 5

Microsoft Project 2000, 5

Microsoft Publisher 2002, 5

Microsoft MapPoint 2002, 5

Have any of you used this service from MS? Besides going open source, have
any of you found cost-effective alternatives (like buying licenses on ebay)?

Thank you,

David