[thelist] Running msxml

jon hall jonhall at ozline.net
Mon Aug 12 18:16:01 CDT 2002

You need to download both of the files he linked. MsXSL is a
standalone program and not distributed with MSXML, it comes in a zip
all by itself, and it's named msxsl.exe conveniently :).
You will want to run msxsl.exe with the command line that Brad posted.

What's the end goal here? Are you just learning XSL or are you
implementing something based using the command line program?
I've never done it that way...I prefer not to shell out for
anything, too much overhead (on Windows anyway).

I think most people prefer to interface with MSXML via the COM
interface, for which you can find many examples of how to transform an
XML doc using XSL (hint: transformNode()).

My fav msxml reference.
http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/xmldom/quickref/xmldom_intro.html

--
 jon
 mailto:jonhall at ozline.net

>> Do you remember how you did the install? I believe there are 2 options
f> for installing MSXML 4.0 where one of them allows > you to keep the old
f> MSXML 3.0 and install 4.0 side by side. If I remember correctly this
f> will cause problems with the    > MSXSL program from running properly.
f> You may need to re-install 4.0 and choose the option that makes 4.0 the
only version >> available. Not sure if you can do a re-install or if you
f> need to remove it completely first. Probably better just to      >
f> remove it.

f> Hi Brad

f> Yeah - I downloaded the .msi file, right clicked and selected "install".
f> I didn't get any options about which version to make avaialble - just a
f> quick install.

f> I've tried uninstall and re-install and it's there in my program files
f> directory, but I still get the same error message.

f> If you've got no ideas about this, I'll wander off and try a different
f> parser.

f> Cheers

f> Francis