[thelist] CF: CMS Tips and Tricks?

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Tue Aug 13 06:54:01 CDT 2002

[snip]
I would like to allow the non-technical user to simply choose to
upload an image and have it inserted in the middle of an article.
[/snip]

Dang, I should read this more closely, I missed the point which is allowing
the user to choose an image. The pseudo-code I provided before will send you
in the right direction for placing the image, but selection is a horse of a
different color.

Let's say the article has no images associated with it through some ID
column between tables. So we want to do this...

+---------+     +--------+     +---------+
| Article |     | Select |     | Output  |
|  Input  |---->| Images |---->| Article |

Article could be submitted to hidden form fields until images (actually
image URL's) are selected and then all can be written to the database.
Images could be thumbs with checkboxes or number lists (1st Pic, 2nd Pic,
etc.) so that images could be selected independent of the article. Can also
serve for update purposes.

HTH!

Jay