[thelist] MySQL/PHP - copy record?

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Tue Aug 13 10:34:32 CDT 2002

Howdy all -

I'll bet someone on this list has had to do this before - more than once
even. (I can think of one person who's probably done it many times -
hmmmm...)

Anyway, I have a record in a MySQL DB and I want to put a button on my form
that says 'copy this record'.

I can think of several ways this can be done using PHP, but what I'd really
like to do it make it happen almost (if not) 100% by query, to avoid messy
coding. Is there a way to do this all via SQL? All info from one record to
the other would be duped except for date (not datestamp) and id.

BH