[thelist] php add email to a mysql db

Andrew Maynes andrew at uk-webdeveloper.co.uk
Tue Aug 13 12:40:13 CDT 2002

Hi Rich

Basically I have an order form that submits client info and I want to give the
user the option to subscribe to a newsletter, the email is already in the form

<TR><TD>E-mail Address</TD><TD><input name="email" size="30"></TD></TR>

The form at the moments inserts the email into a mysql database without asking
if the visitor wants to be join the db for future newsletters, so a tick box
would be the best thing.  Unfortunately the same email field is also being used
to send the visitor a confirmation of their order so I am not sure what is the
best way forward on this one?  Maybe forget about the tick box!

Thank you

Andrew

PS  Is everyone else getting two of the same posts or is just me?
---