[thelist] CF: Using CFFile, upload with Streaming Media

Steve Lewis slewis at macrovista.net
Tue Aug 13 14:33:01 CDT 2002

Susan Wallace wrote:

> The specific error is:
 >
> Error reading remainder of content stream (total bytes = 5078212, available
> = 49152)
>
> Windows NT error number 10060 occurred.

> Is it called a "content stream" because it's the standard terminology? Or
> because it's a WMF file?
Looks like you are getting a network timeout error, but that very little
data was transfering before it 'paused', as you said.  I would bet that
it would be called a content stream regardless of file extension or MIME
property.  This is an artifact of the programming language used to
develop NT.

 > Suggestions? (See code below)
I think you will need more conclusive evidence to identify the cause.

As an experiment, try uploading the WMF file after ZIPping it with
WinZip or whatever.  You can monkey with your CF upload script to make
use of something like CFXZip to extract it on the server-side if needed.

You may also be able to get some success, if the 'streaming media'
theory is correct for causing the failure to upload properly, by
renaming the file to a ._WMF at the client side then uploading.  You
could test for the _WMF extension and remove the underscore after upload
or something.

If you are still getting these errors after trying these sort of
work-arounds than its time to go hunting for another cause.

--Steve