[thelist] [maybe OT] mozilla question

Duncan O'Neill dbaxo at ihug.co.nz
Tue Aug 13 21:15:01 CDT 2002

Paul Cowan wrote:
> OK all,
>
> I've finally made the switch from "using mozilla as a backup/test browser"
> to "using mozilla as main browser" (fingers crossed).
>
> One question, the answer which is probably enormously obvious, but it
> has me stumped. How can I make links executed externally (e.g. clicking
> links in Outlook, or entering them in Start -> Run), open in new windows
> (or tabs).

Paul,

One way to do it is, if you're on Windows,
right-click links, and chose either "open
in new window", or "open in new tab" from
the pop-up.

There are also options in Edit -> Preferences
-> Navigator / Tabbed browsing, but not all
of them are effective (at least in 1.0)

hth,
Duncan O'Neill
"Smith The Reporter"