[thelist] ActiveX FTP Object

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed Aug 14 01:11:01 CDT 2002

At 08:23 PM 8/13/2002, Joshua Olson wrote:

> > By design, you cannot perform multiple simultaneous GETs by FTP.  The
> > FTP protocol does not support this behavior.  Multiple concurrent GETS
> > require one connection each.
>
>It's probably my request wasn't necessarily very well stated.  I'm trying to
>download a large number of files.  The utilities I've found go through the
>entire process for every file.  That is: connect, authenticate, change
>directory, then download.  I'm looking for a utility that will simulate the
>following FTP commands:

If you turn off prompting first, you can grab multiple files using the
'mget' command quite easily.

e.g.

prompt
(turns prompting off, it's on by default)

bin
(changes to binary transport, default)
OR
ascii
(changes to ascii transport)

mget file*
(will grab all files that start with "file".)
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys