[thelist] Locally PHP Doubling up

Rob Wilson robw at enigma-interactive.co.uk
Wed Aug 14 10:21:01 CDT 2002

>what would the difference between that and using zend (is there anythng
else
>other than zend)?

I've not used Zend to any great extent so I can't really comment on the
differences, but reasons I would suggest would be to be able to work with
other server side tech (perl,SSI,coldfusion).  Equally I don't know whether
the Zend suite deals with Database connections as well ... this might not be
something you're looking to do but it's nice to have the capability.  It
would also allow you to gain experience dealing with running you own
Webserver which is a useful skill to obtain (IMHO natch).

If Zend does everything you want in one handy-dandy package then you might
as well use that, if you think you might want to do more than it does then
it's probably worthwhile going the other route.

YMMV as always :o]

Rob