[thelist] diaster recovery with WAP and palm pilots. . .

Fortune Elkins fortune_elkins at summithq.com
Wed Aug 14 10:38:01 CDT 2002

hiya!

as some of you may know, my company was dislocated on 9-11. we have since
returned to ground zero. we are looking at making some web pages that people
can log into in case of another event, so that even if people flee in
disorder they can log in somewhere and we can know everyone is safe. as you
may recall, on 9-11, the land phones in nyc were mostly down but many
internet-dedicatd phone numbers were still working so that many people could
still access the web.

obviously this means these dynamic pages (probably .asp) should be
accessible somehow to laptops, phones, and palm pilots. i've never made wap
pages -- is wap still alive? is the  Nokia WML Studio Extension compatible
with dwmx? will the nokia studio work for most web phone? how can i do this
for palm pilots as well *without* avantgo?

i've been over to the macromedia support pages and downloaded some reference
material, the nokia extension, etc. before i start i'd love some advice and
direction from those of you who have actually done such a thing, if it's
possible. . .i don't even know if the palm pilot can do dynamic pages. . .

i guess palm pages have to be html 3, while WAP pages are WAP1.1??

tia,