[thelist] Locally PHP Doubling up

David U. davidu at everydns.net
Wed Aug 14 10:57:01 CDT 2002

Andrew Maynes wrote:
> I've setup a debian server and got as far as the X environment with a
> mouse working!  It does run but setting it up is sooo time consuming

Correction: Setting it up is time consuming for a new user who has not yet
moved up along the steep learning curve.  I am sure if you tried again it
would go much faster.  I think it takes me about 20-30 minutes to have a
debian machine up and running as a webserver these days.

There used to be some tools for windows that would download, install and
configure apache/php/mysql on a windows machine.  It was called PHPtriad if
I remember right (but the author stopped working on it, afaik).

-davidu