[thelist] A Better Windows Email Client

Kathleen Heytink K_HEYTINK at winebow.com
Wed Aug 14 14:27:01 CDT 2002

1+ on Eudora.

I'm still using version 3.x (not sure of the release #).  Been using it for
many years, through 3 operating system upgrades (Win 58, 98 and now 2000)
and it still works like a champ!

I've considering getting the upgrade, but the old one has every feature I
want.  IMO its sort feature runs rings around the Outlook one.   It also
dumps all the attachments in a separate folder, so I can double check them
for viruses.  Makes managing the attachments easier as well.  All in one
place for easy sorting.

Doesn't have a calendar or task function, but I'm not interested in having
that as a part of my e-mail program.

And no - I don't work for Qualcomm.

<tip type="Homesite">
There is a handy feature that will calculate the weight of a document. It
lists the size of the HTML file and all images, but not linked or imported
CSS (maybe the newest version does - I'm using 4.5.2).  It also gives you an
approximate download time at several modem speeds - not exact, by any means,
but not a bad guideline.

To access  - Tools > document weight
</tip>

-- Kath Heytink