[thelist] ActiveX FTP Object

Sean G. ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Wed Aug 14 17:25:10 CDT 2002

Howdy,

I haven't been following this thread too closely, and I'm not generally a BMOA
(big man on ActiveX) so I may be way off base (and if I am, all flames to
bill.g at microsoft.com please), but...

1) Mabry Software's "FTP ActiveX Control and COM Object"
<http://www.mabry.com/ftpx/index.htm> might be the ticket.  It's not free nor
Free, though they do have "complete, fully functional samples"
<http://www.mabry.com/proddown.htm>

B) If you can run a command line command from your application, you might get
some use from "ftp -i -s:filename"  The -i switch will turn off prompts (i.e.,
"Do you want to download this file(y/n)"), and the file is just text with each
command, including login and password, that you want to send just as you would
type them in a live session.  While I believe that file must be plain text, you
can have it generated dynamically at run time.

HTH,

Sean G.