[thelist] access pop3 - perl script

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Thu Aug 15 04:36:01 CDT 2002

Hi,
<----- Original Message -----
<From: "Anne Thorniley" <anne at beerintheevening.com>
<Basically, you'll need[1] to use Mail::POP3Client and MIME::Parser at
<a minimum, I'm also using MIME::Head, and File::Copy to make life
<easier. Looking at the docs for these modules should give you
<enough examples to get one up and running.

<If you need more detailed help let me know.

Well ok then :o)
My server doesn't have mime::parser installed. What it does have is:

mime::base64
mime::quotedPrint
mime::lite
net::pop3.pm
Mail::POP3Client
html::parser

Now using net::pop3 I succeeded in logging in to the pop account and
reading/deleting messages, but I've had no luck getting the attachments yet.
The attachments I'm trying to get are only ever .txt files, so I don't think
they'll be encoded... (not sure though)
Do you know how I could get the attachments without mime::parser?

Thanks,
Richard.