[thelist] NTWRK ADMNSTRTN: [OT] a desperate plea to all you network administrators, i need your advice!

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Thu Aug 15 07:03:01 CDT 2002

[snip]
I was about to compose a reply to your original post offering some
suggestions ...

...but i hope my advice has been helpful:  **Think Positive!**
[/snip]

***APPLAUSE*** ***APPLAUSE*** ***APPLAUSE***

An amazing analysis of the current work situation of most folks in most
small IT departments/shops!

Jay

<tip type="PHP">
If you have recently upgraded PHP (above 4.1.x, and you should be using
4.2.x by now for security reasons) you may notice that some of your
variables no longer get passed from page to page or input to the database.
That is because the php.ini file now has the register_globals flag set to
OFF, also for security reasons. You can a.)Open the php.ini file and set the
flag to ON, or 2.) Recode your GET and POST variables in the new method
(suggested) such as $_GET['variable name'] or $_POST['variable name'].

Need to locate that php.ini file? Create a page with the following line in
it

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

upload to the server and open the page in the browser ... it will be quite
revealing to you.
</tip>