[thelist] A Better Windows Email Client

Simon Willison simon at incutio.com
Thu Aug 15 08:11:01 CDT 2002

At 11:35 14/08/2002 -0700, jon steele wrote:
>I'm afraid I will have to burst the Mozilla bubble and vote for Outlook
>2000 (not the Express) ;).
>I don't know if it's a fair competition with Outlook's price tag...
>
>I used to use the Netscape 6 mail client (which I imagine is the same as
>Mozilla) and it really
>annoyed me. It was slow loading, had a slow interface, minimal address
>book features, and I didn't
>even know it had a calendar (does it?). It also had a tendency to crash on
>me a lot. I found it to
>be very basic.

Remember that as a high profile open source project Mozilla is improving at
a phenomenal rate. Netscape 6 uses code from a relatively old version of
Mozilla (0.9.4 or there abouts?) so it is always worth grabbing the latest
stable Mozilla version instead. I would be surprised if the mail client had
not improved considerably since you last tried it.

Cheers,

Simon Willison
http://www.bath.ac.uk/~cs1spw/blog/