[thelist] Apache 403 Forbidden error on index.cgi

Chris Ditty CDitty at email.usps.gov
Thu Aug 15 10:48:01 CDT 2002

Hello all,

I am having a problem getting a cgi script to execute in Apache 1.3.22.  I have
given all the proper permissions and I cannot get it to work.

In the httpd.conf file, I have the following settings.....
#
# This may also be "None", "All", or any combination of "Indexes",
# "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or "MultiViews".
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI MultiViews

#
# This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
# override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options", "FileInfo",
# "AuthConfig", and "Limit"
#
    AllowOverride All

#
#
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

I also have the DirectoryIndex set to accept index.cgi.

Does anyone have any advice or ideas on this?  I did a google search and nothing
I tried worked.

Chris