[thelist] PayPal with Local Database

Kevin Martin evolt at brasscannon.net
Thu Aug 15 13:03:01 CDT 2002

Quoth the "Andrew Maynes" <andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk>

> This is a really good question because I was trying to integrate PayPal into a
> php cart and am getting no where fast, the only reason is that PayPal simply
> takes a payment for a product or service and doesn't come back into your site
> and yes please continue!

I was Googling for "free shopping cart" just a couple of days ago* and
practically tripped over a PayPal-based cart that at least handles the
"yes, the transaction has been submitted and processed" part for you.
Sorry I don't have the exact URL, but it stood out pretty well. :-/

(*My partner is about ready to launch a modest online bookstore, so I'm
going to be sweating PHP bullets pretty soon myself.  Wish us luck!)

By the way -- I also tripped over ANOTHER free cart that is frightening.
It uses formmail.pl to send completed transactions, but because the
security updates in formmail 1.9 broke his code, he's distributing an
OLD COPY of formmail.  Arrrgh!