[thelist] get height of div with js after changing it?

Saila, Craig Craig.Saila at bgminteractive.com
Thu Aug 15 14:45:01 CDT 2002

That makes sense. I had interpreted David's "change" as being the actual
height property, not the contents of the DIV. Either way, you're method
seems a great way of doing what he needs.

FYI, the W3C DOM-compliant way (which is only supported by Gecko-based
browsers) to get the height of DIV[id="test"] as it is affected by
content is:
 nObj = document.getElementById("test");

alert(document.defaultView.getComputedStyle(nObj,"").getPropertyValue("h
eight"))

--
Cheers,

Craig Saila