[thelist] DOM methods (was js change div)

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 15 14:51:01 CDT 2002

--- "Saila, Craig" <Craig.Saila at bgminteractive.com> wrote:

> FYI, the W3C DOM-compliant way (which is only supported by
> Gecko-based
> browsers) to get the height of DIV[id="test"] as it is affected by
> content is:
>  nObj = document.getElementById("test");

alert(document.defaultView.getComputedStyle(nObj,"").getPropertyValue("h
> eight"))

Speaking of DOM related methods... have many of you done DOM/JS
programming out there?

I recently used it to build a little script to highlight a row (which
another evolter nicely modified to make even better.) In some ways,
the DOM way of accessing things is real nice..

But - you totally leave out the non DOM browsers. Plus, some of the
references can be really hairy, and the kicker is - GOOD
documentation on the DOM seems scant, as far as a programmers
resource.

I am aware of the Mozilla one, but its for Mozilla, and its not a
super helpful reference. I've got some DOM stuff in Danny Goodmans JS
book which is okay - but not great. Wonder what you all thought.

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();

http://www.pixelmech.com/