[thelist] DOM methods (was js change div)

Saila, Craig Craig.Saila at bgminteractive.com
Thu Aug 15 15:04:01 CDT 2002

Yup, but when I use it, I tend to not be supporting those browsers...

> references can be really hairy, and the kicker is - GOOD

I don't know, it all depends on what you're used to. After a while, the
DOM way feels natural to me. Supposes it's the same as CSS-based design
vs. table.  One is easier to do, but the other is more powerful and
flexible once you get used to it.

Granted, some non-compliant things (like "innerHTML") can be a great
quick fix that saves much lines of script.

> documentation on the DOM seems scant, as far as a programmers
> resource.

Scott Andrew LePera has some excellent articles/tutorials available at
his site, I highly recommend it as a first stop:
<http://www.scottandrew.com/>
(look down the left nav for the links)

--
Cheers,