[thelist] CSS S/W, Which Do you Like?

Gary Bland Gary at star-chaser.com
Thu Aug 15 15:35:01 CDT 2002

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
> --- "Brian W. Reaves" <brian at brianreaves.com> wrote:
>
>>Any input on http://westciv.com/ &
>>http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle/index.asp? I have used TopStyles
>>but not
>>Westciv.
>>
>>TIA,
>>Brian
>

> A further question I have on this is why use a CSS sw? Coding
> everything by hand, why would I want to use an editor? I've heard
> something about warning you if something may not work?? Just curious.
>
> Tom

When you are working for yourself it saves time. Since I do not get a
paycheck every week, time is money. TopStyle 3.0  has a nice html editor
built in, no changing programs to perform a different task. References
are just a click away. One click and the CSS is run through the w3's
validator and if I make a typo it is highlighted in red. It has a style
checker that will tell you what part of your code may break in various
browser. So when you put this all together it saves time.

Gary

--
Gary Bland
StarChaser Web Architecture