[thelist] CSS S/W, Which Do you Like?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 15 17:14:01 CDT 2002

--- Tony Crockford <tonyc at boldfish.co.uk> wrote:
> > A further question I have on this is why use a CSS sw? Coding
> > everything by hand, why would I want to use an editor? I've heard
> > something about warning you if something may not work?? Just
> curious.
> >
> > Tom
>
> How about having all your options appear when you start a style
> declaration?  Or running a style sweeper that reorders your messy
> code
> to a neat and tidy version?  Or a style checker that will check
> your
> style sheet for compatibility with browser support on the fly? or
> maybe
> a constant preview of what your style sheet is doing with that last
> change?
>
> All these and much much more come with Topstyle 3.0, which is why I
> now
> use it for coding xhtml as well.
>
> gets a big vote from me for most useful tool since.....
>
> more here:
>
> http://www.boldfish.co.uk/item19.htm
>
> thanks
>
> tony

Yep, that all makes sense. Now, I already use HomeSite to code
with..and am very attached to it. I use HS4.5 at work and 5.0 at
home. I know I have the "lite" version of TopStyle, but I never
really played with it.

How integrated is it with HomeSite? I really don't want to move to a
new HTML editor, even if it does have the CSS editor in it. Can I
just verify my CSS with the tool if I get the full version?

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();

http://www.pixelmech.com/