[thelist] One contact/appointment database to many handhelds?

evolt.org at lkv.mailshell.com evolt.org at lkv.mailshell.com
Thu Aug 15 18:33:00 CDT 2002

I got my hands on an HP 620LX palmtop computer running Windows CE, and I'd like to start using it for a while to see if I want to use it as my primary handheld device.

It would replace my Handspring Visor Deluxe, which has given me a rash of fatal exceptions needing a hard/system reset.  Ugh, but I would prefer not to make a cold switch from the Visor to the 620LX.

Is there any hard/soft-ware that will enable me to coordinate and sync all the data among the Visor, 620LX, and the desktop (it's Palm Desktop 4.0)?  FWIW, the 620LX connects to a serial port, although I'm mulling over the idea of using a PCMCIA Ethernet card for connectivity.

Any thoughts?