[thelist] (OT) Looking for info on units of measurement

Mark Howells webdev at mountain.ch
Fri Aug 16 09:56:01 CDT 2002

> The question now becomes for your client, "How many people from the U.S. are
> likely to use our products?" and "How much are they worth to us?"  It's not
> difficult to look up a conversion table for miles to kilometers or vice versa,
> but if you make thing as convenient for your visitors as possible, then they
> are more likely to return in the future.

The project isn't just concerned with the US audience, but that of all of
the tourists who visit this region, over 90% are from the national audience
that I mentioned earlier.

The question of conversion is not the issue, but rather the concept that the
people who visit this region may be more able to appreciate the height of
the Jungfrau when it's 13,641 feet high, rather than 4,158 metres high.

What the client isn't getting is the importance of their target audience
(who, I believe, use feet/miles and not metres/kilometres).

Regards
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/evl/>