[thelist] A Better Windows Email Client

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 16 10:18:00 CDT 2002

> From: Kathleen Heytink <K_HEYTINK at winebow.com>
>
> > now i export to plain text archives, and i can search those
> > whenever i want, or archive 'em, and not worry about platform or
> > mail client at all...
>
> How do you export to plain text archives?  I'd love to be able to do
> this, so I can get my e-mail out of Outlook's clutches here at work.

i use Pegasus for personal mail...

otherwise, in Outlook, you can do the same or similar thing...

File > Import and Export

then just walk through the wizard...

keep in mind, when i output to plaintext, i do that with the
knowledge that i will never be able to import that mail again.  And
Outlook doesn't (if I recall correctly) export all the mail headers
(something i look for)...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself