[thelist] quoting attributes and tag case

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 16 17:56:01 CDT 2002

Two questions fer y'all --

1. I prefer double quoting attributes. Does XHTML care if they are
single quoted? I'm thinking not, but not sure. Reason I ask: If you
write a script that uses document.write to output html - you need to
alternate your quotes of course:

document.write("<td width='10'>foo</td>");

So you end up with single quotes...I guess I could do this:

document.write('<td width="10">foo</td>');

If I really need the double. Its just I'm so used to the other...

2. Tag Case: What do you all use? I've used lower case for some time,
but it seems that in the XML world, its Upper Case for everything. On
the one hand, upper case does make the tags stick out...just
wondering what you all thought.

Here where I contract, the code is brutal, you have upper and lower
case inside a single document, some att's single quoted, some double,
some NOT quoted - again all in the same doc..blech!

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();

http://www.pixelmech.com/