[thelist] XP's going round in circles

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Sun Aug 18 14:15:01 CDT 2002

> Any body any ideas ?

Boot up from the Windows CD and let Windows make the repair.  If not, try a
reinstall and try to save your registry.  If for some strange reason the CD
won't let you reinstall, try putting the Windows CD on a hard drive and
running the the setup program from there--it can be different.  Why I don't
know.  If nothing works, copy your data (but be wary copying executables in
case there is a virus) to another disk and then format and install
everything again.

It's fun wasting your time like this--I just did it myself this very week
due to a virus.

Hershel