[thelist] XP pro equivalent for PWS? (was: SQL Help Please)

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Mon Aug 19 08:08:01 CDT 2002

>There is no equivalent in XP. The only thing I can think of is IIS
>(which is available on the XP Pro CD). I don't know if it is available
>in the Home Edition.
>
>Try the Add/Remove Applications --> Windows Components section. Look
>for Internet Information Services. You will need your XP CD.

Confirmed. This is the setup I use here at work for local development before
pushing out to the live server.

The XP Pro version has a 10 connection limit, but that should be fine if you
are only looking for a PWS equivalent.

Also, this is IIS 5.1 (I believe) and has a few new features, see MSDN web
site for details.

-dave