[thelist] CSV+PHP, MORE

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Mon Aug 19 11:33:01 CDT 2002

[snip]
I can get the CSV file to read in (fgetcsv) and print it's entire contents
into a table, however, I want it only to print out the record that matches a
variable set in a preceeding form.

So, when a custmer enters model # ABC, I want PHP to run through the
contents of the CSV file (300 records) and search for the row that contains
model # ABC. If found, only that row will print.
[/snip]

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.in-array.php

Just ran across this when consulting the manual for something else. From the
PHP manual page;

in_array
(PHP 4 )

in_array -- Return TRUE if a value exists in an array
Description
bool in_array ( mixed needle, array haystack [, bool strict])

Searches haystack for needle and returns TRUE if it is found in the array,
FALSE otherwise.

If the third parameter strict is set to TRUE then the in_array() function
will also check the types of the needle in the haystack.

Note: If needle is a string, the comparison is done in a case-sensitive
manner.

Note: In PHP versions before 4.2.0 needle was not allowed to be an array.

HTH!

Jay

I do whatever my rice crispies tell me to

* Texas PHP Developers Conf  Spring 2003                  *
* T Bar M Resort & Conference Center                      *
* New Braunfels, Texas                                    *
* San Antonio Area PHP Developers Group                   *
* Interested? Contact jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com *